Sunday, February 2, 2014

Shooting at Addieville

Went shooting at Addieville yesterday.
Great day - sunny, in the 40's.
We had 15 birds.  They put out 9 in first stocking in fields 4 and 5.  We pointed 7 of the 9, couldn't find the other two.
Argus did great - three of the birds flushed after he pointed, before I could get in position.

Here are some pictures of him resting between stockings.





We then went out after the second stocking.  They put six in just one field - I think 4 - on the left.

We found them all - got a double on Huns.  With just one bird left, a chukar, we were hunting and Argus was circling over some territory we had covered multiple times.  He kept doing smaller and smaller circles until he eventually focused on one patch of grass.  I couldn't see anything in there.  Well, I just said - hunt 'em up - and he flushed a hen peasant - must have been left over from the first stocking.  Great job Argus.

Walking out, I didn't think we'd find the last chukar. So I let Argus just free range.  Well, he ran back into some corn that we had hunted through multiple times.  Well, this time, he pointed, and I could get in position - the last chukar.  so we got 7 birds out of a 6 bird drop.  Here are some final pictures.






No comments:

Post a Comment